RYANODEX® MH Protocol
RYANODEX® makes dantrolene sodium administration faster and easier than other alternatives.
RYANODEX® (dantrolene sodium) for injectable suspension is indicated for the1:
- Treatment of malignant hyperthermia in conjunction with appropriate supportive measures
- Prevention of malignant hyperthermia in patients at high risk
- Less than 1 minute for reconstitution and administration of a loading dose (2.5 mg/kg) in an MH crisis2,3
- Fewer vials required to treat MH (1 vial contains 250 mg of dantrolene sodium)1,9,10
- 1 vial of RYANODEX® contains the same amount of dantrolene sodium as 12.5 vials of other approved dantrolene sodium formulations1,9,10
- Over 99% less sterile water for injection than other dantrolene sodium IV treatments1,9,10
- 1 vial provides a loading dose (2.5 mg/kg) for patients up to 100 kg.1,3
- Can be reconstituted and administered by 1 healthcare provider (eg, an anesthesia provider)
RYANODEX® is not a substitute for appropriate supportive measures in the treatment of malignant hyperthermia, including:
- Discontinuing triggering anesthetic agents
- Increasing oxygen
- Managing metabolic acidosis
- Monitoring urinary output
- Monitoring electrolytes
- Administering diuretics
The RYANODEX® MH protocol simplifies and expedites the treatment of MH, and may help reduce overall risk for a facility. See how these changes affect you.
- Reduce the time to administer a therapeutic dose of dantrolene sodium
- Simplify treatment process for the entire team
- Reduce the number of vials to be stored in each facility
- Eliminate the requirement to store large volumes of sterile water on an MH cart
- Make the reconstitution and administration of dantrolene sodium faster and more convenient
- Reduce the probability of MH related complications by shortening the time of administration for dantrolene sodium and reducing fluid volume administered in an MH crisis
See the difference in being prepared for an MH crisis with RYANODEX®
This is an MH case simulation. It shows real medical professionals following a real MH protocol. It’s a unique chance to watch the same MH crisis play out with different formulations.
Keep your facility prepared with RYANODEX®.
Help reduce dantrolene sodium treatment preparation delays.
Important Safety Information
RYANODEX® is associated with skeletal muscle weakness such as loss of grip strength and weakness in the legs, as well as drowsiness, dizziness, dysphagia, dyspnea, and decreased inspiratory capacity. Patients should not be permitted to ambulate without assistance until they have normal strength and balance. Care must be taken to prevent extravasation of RYANODEX® into the surrounding tissue due to the high pH of the reconstituted RYANODEX® suspension and potential for tissue necrosis.